Let's talk Baseball Bats
Updated Wednesday March 7, 2018 by Nick Dreher.
Lot's of questions have come up surrounding baseball bats for 2018. With Little League adopting the USA Baseball bat standard (USABat) many parents are wondering if they need to spend the money on a new bat. We have comprised a FAQ list to help answer those questions. These questions are specific to SABA.
- My child is playing T-ball what bat do I need?
- Any bat designated for T-ball as stamped on the bat
- My child is playing in Farm or Minor what bat do I need?
- Any 2 1/4" bat, big barrel bats (2 5/8") are not allowed unless the big barrel bat has the USABat standard certification stamped on the bat
- My child is playing in Bronco or Pony what bat do I need?
- Bronco and Pony will follow the USABat standard for bats. You will need to buy a bat that has the USABat stamp on the bat with a 2 5/8" barrel. These bats were just released this year.
- My child is playing Colt or Legion what bat do I need?
- Colt and Legion will be using BBCOR stamped bats (drop -3)
- My child plays on tournament teams do I need a new bat?
- Maybe, depends on the tournaments entered. Ask your coach for further information.
- My child plays T-ball, Farm or Minor and did so last year as well, do I need to buy a new bat?
- My Child plays Bronco and Pony and did so last year do I need to buy a new bat?
- Yes, you will need a USABat standard compliant bat with a 2 5/8" barrel.
- My child plays Colt or Legion and did so last year, do I need to buy a new bat?
- No, no changes were made to the BBCOR (drop -3) bat standard.
- What is the USABat Standard?
- USABat Standard Explained (Youtube Video)
2019 Fall Ball
Register your Player for the League they will play in Spring 2020. Example Spring 2019 8 year old Farm player should be playing 9 year old Minor League in Spring 2020 so register for Fall Ball Minor League.